Wednesday 9 September 2015

Unsolicited Books

Over the past month I have received so many unsolicited books. 
I have written myself some fairly strict guidelines about what I will and will not post on this Blog so I thought it was worth repeating a paragraph I posted earlier.

PLEASE DON’T BE OFFENDED!

          As you might imagine I sometimes feel I am drowning in a sea of books as they continue to flow into my private mail box or are delivered by courier or NZ Post – and sometimes, very special, even by hand.

          It is just not possible to review everything I receive (nor would I want to) although sometimes I am sent emails or notes or even have phone calls asking why the book ‘they’ sent me has not yet been blogged.

          I try very hard to only review books here that I know will play an important part in the reader’s life either in a school/ college/ library or a private (doesn’t that sound grand?) collection.  I am looking for books that will make them think, laugh, cry, question, be involved, find answers.  

           I very seldom post unsolicited material but of course sometimes it happens that an absolute treasure appears. So. Please send me the books by all means but just don’t be offended if I don’t post them. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment