Monday 29 August 2016

IBBY and STORYLINES 2016







I did have such a personal disappointment 10 days ago when due, as they say, to circumstances totally beyond my control and after having been one of the first people to enrol and pay my fee late last year, I discovered I was not going to be able to attend the IBBY Congress held at the Aotea Centre, Auckland. However, thanks to some amazing ‘reporting back’ from kind friends and being able to get more first hand knowledge at Storylines, Wellington this past Saturday I now know what a wonderful success it all was.  Congratulations to everyone concerned and especially to Dr. Libby Limbrick and Rosemary Tisdall who headed the committee and helped give the 500 plus participants something to remember with pleasure for years to come.  And yes, someone from Auckland was able to use my ticket so the space was not wasted.
Storylines at the Michael Fowler Centre last Saturday was a totally enjoyable experience for children and adults. Possibly due to the rather scant marketing and the number of other events on in Wellington on Saturday there were not nearly as many children as usual (and I noticed this because I have been to every Storylines since the event was first held here over 10 years ago). However, in many ways this worked as a plus as there was plenty of room at the activities (many and varied) and the storytelling sessions had comfortable amounts of listeners gathered around Bob Kerr, (see photo below in last post)  Nikki Slade Robinson, Ruth Paul and many others as they read from their own books.
Do go into both the IBBY and Storylines Facebook pages  - there are some wonderful images here.

No comments:

Post a Comment