Thursday 11 April 2013

Mal Peet Book Launch

-->
News

Mal Peet Book Launch

Last night (10.4.13) I went to the Wellington launch of Mysterious Traveller by Mal Peet and Elspeth Graham out at the Kilbirnie Children’s Bookshop - scene of several book launches so far this year (and more to come!) I can’t wait for lunchtime to read this book (I think I will finish it in an hour), as it looks so very special. I will say something about it here in a few days.  Mal is here in New Zealand for a term while he teaches an advanced creative writing ‘workshop’ at Victoria University, School of Modern Letters.  He and his wife Elspeth Graham are from Devon in the UK and return at the end of June.
The picture shows Barbara Else (The Travelling Restaurant and The Queen and the Nobody Boy (just shortlisted for this year’s NZ Post Children’s Book Awards)) discussing the book with Mal and Elspeth at the book launch last night.




Please note that from now on I will put any news items on the same page as Book Reviews. I will remove the News heading from the home page.  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment